The CDC Foundation seeks an Undergraduate level intern for Summer 2018 to support the communications department with developing and implementing communications activities on behalf of the CDC Foundation. The CDC Foundation Internship Program offers paid, educational work opportunities to students in undergraduate and graduate programs across a variety of fields including public health, communications, public administration, advancement and fundraising, and internal operations. Students are able to gain practical experience by engaging in projects and tasks that contribute to their professional and educational development.
The selected intern will receive a monthly stipend for a 37.5 hour a week assignment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The candidate will assist the CDC Foundation with developing and implementing communications activities. The primary activities for the internship include:
- Work with the communications department to develop content and share across social media platforms;
- Assist in the development of content for several CDC Foundation media platforms, which may include blogs, social media networks, email communications and publications;
- Assist with graphic design needs for the communications department;
- Assist with CDC Foundation external event needs; and
- Other communications activities as needed.
- Undergraduate student majoring in communications or related field;
- Prior experience with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus (e.g. Photoshop and InDesign);
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Strong experience in social media strategies and applications;
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work independently;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact well with variety of people; and
- Strong technical skills including word processing, spreadsheet, and database management.
Qualified candidates should email a cover letter and resume (in Microsoft Word or PDF format) to:firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Communications Intern” in the email subject line. Incomplete packages will not be considered. Hard copies, calls, faxes, personally delivered resumes or resumes sent through any other source other than directly to the email@example.com email address will not be accepted. Resumes will be accepted through Friday, February 16th, 2018.
For more details, visit https://www.cdcfoundation.org/jobs/communications-intern.