Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Ages Agency to Watch in 2014; one of Forbes 14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014; and The Holmes Reports 2013 Global Agency of the Year. Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoors Best Places to Work for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
About the program:
- Applicants must be available to work a full-time schedule by January 2020 and work a full-time schedule (Mon-Fri, 40 hrs a week for up to 6 months)
- Applicants must be able to work in the office for which they’re applying for
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States
- Our internships pay $13.00/hr and are eligible for overtime when approved by a supervisor
- The successful Brand Journalism candidate helps implement and monitor projects within a specific set of accounts under the direction of the supervisor. They will work closely with and supports the needs of multiple account teams representing Edelman’s clients.
- Be able to work effectively with a variety of staff from Corporate, Brand, Editorial, Creative and Digital within a specific set of accounts. * Participation in brainstorms when invited by supervisor
- Thoroughly research clients, client competitors, and key programs for the purposes of identifying and producing compelling stories that support the brand narrative and communications goals
- Identify, read and analyze media coverage and help monitor client competition
- Develop story ideas and pitch the media under the direction of the supervisor
- Create and/or update media lists and help compile media coverage reports
- Draft pitch emails to journalists with the approval of the supervisor
- Draft editorial content like blog posts and social media copy
- Conduct and compile research, understand key client information (including general business strategy, industry issues, products and services, key customers and competitors), and understand research and media list building tools (Factiva, Edge, etc.).
- You have solid knowledge of MS Office Suite and superior verbal and written communication skills.
- You have interest in the public relations field and possess good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively with others.
- You thoughtfully and resourcefully solve problems
- You can manage your own time and work to meet fast, strict deadlines
- You have amazing attention to detail (If you caught our typo, please continue!)
- You have a positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Basic understanding of social media and digital marketing
- Basic understanding of integrated marketing, advertising and communications