MARKETING AND SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN
Organization’s Mission: To be the top resource for charitable giving in Cobb County
Summary: The Cobb Community Foundation needs an intelligent, strategic, and resourceful intern to help the organization expand its marketing efforts and play an active role in the development of CCF’s online community. The Marketing and Social Media Intern will work under the direction of Cobb Community Foundation’s Executive Director.
Location: Cobb Community Foundation is co-located in the Cobb Chamber of Commerce building in Atlanta, Georgia. The CCF Marketing and Social Media Intern will work in the offices at the Cobb Chamber of Commerce.
• Assist in creating media which effectively communicates the CCF story
• Assist in developing, implementing, maintaining and reporting on social media strategies aimed at increasing awareness about CCF
• Assist with brainstorming, creating, and distributing marketing materials and donor communications
• Support and track news coverage and media releases
• Complete other marketing and communications projects as assigned
• Assist the Executive Director and Resource Manager as needed
Intern Requirements and Skills: Candidates must
• Be actively enrolled in, or a recent graduate of, a university public relations, marketing or other related program
• Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Be able to interact professionally with stakeholders and demonstrate good judgment
• Be able to prioritize tasks and focus on multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
• Be familiar with mainstream social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship. Expenses will be reimbursed.
Work Schedule: This internship will begin on or around June 1, 2016 and continue through Fall Semester. Some flexibility is available. The time commitment is 10 – 20 hours per week.
Send cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Nancy S. Collier
Cobb Community Foundation