TITLE: CEISMC STEM Communications Student Assistant
WAGE: $10.00 per hour
HOURS: 10 to 15 a week
This position provides basic support to the Communications Manager. It is responsible for maintaining the CEISMC’s social media sites, as well as researching and writing stories assigned by the Communications Manager.
IMPACT & INFLUENCE:
This position will interact primarily with CEISMC faculty and students. The position reports to the Communications Manager.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Research and write stories assigned by the Communications Manager.
- Edit and archive images.
- Monitor Daily Digest, College of Sciences unit websites, Institute Communications Research Center, and other campus news aggregators for items relevant to CEISMC or STEM education.
- Publish to the CEISMC website – news, external news, or events – third-party content that is relevant to CEISMC or STEM Education.
- Research, develop, compose, and schedule the posting of content for CEISMC’s Twitter feed and Facebook page ensuring at least one posting per weekday.
- Cover CEISMC events – take photographs.
- Assist in compiling content for the annual report.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Georgia Tech undergraduate preferably majoring in Communications with experience in popular writing, graphic design, blogging, and engaging in social media.
Specialized skills required for this job:
- General WYSIWYG web editing skills
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign is a plus
- Creating content and maintaining regular posts for Twitter feed and Facebook page
- Gathering information for original stories through research and interviews
- Organizing information into stories
- Writing that reflects familiarity with grammar, usage, and style
- Basic photography skills
APPLY TO: email@example.com