Cornerstone Academic, a tutoring, test-preparation, and college admissions company which has served over 6,500 students since 2007, is looking for motivated and talented individuals who are interested in delivering an effectiveSAT/ACT preparatory curriculum and/or subject tutoring to students throughout Gwinnett County. Our programs take place at high schools, local libraries, or online.
The prospective applicant will be someone who:
- enjoys teaching and has an ability to teach others well
- is reliable, dependable, and honest
- has achieved a high SAT/ACT score (or someone who can take our SAT/ACT exam and score well on it) understands the importance of SAT/ACT preparation in preparing students for collegiate matriculation
- places importance on building relationships with students and schools
- is punctual and hard-working to ensure students’ success on the standardized exam
The average instructor works 6-18 hours per week. In-person classroom instruction typically takes place in the evenings (3:00 – 6:00 pm) and on Saturday mornings and Sunday afternoons.
Compensation is based on qualifications and tutoring experience. Hired instructors will also be compensated for out-of-class preparation time as well and travel.
The prospective applicant will have:
- a Bachelor’s degree (or be on track to receive one)
- the ability to score a 1900 on the SAT or a 29 on the ACT (either by providing past test scores or taking a practice test prior to being hired)
- a flexible schedule and be available to teach weekday evenings (3:00 pm – 6:00 pm) and/or on Saturday mornings and Sunday afternoons