The Office of Industry Engagement is seeking entrepreneurial-minded students to join one of the most dynamic teams at Georgia Tech. The Office of Industry Engagement manages intellectual property generated by Georgia Tech research, with services including the identification, evaluation, protection, marketing, and commercial licensing of intellectual property. Industry Engagement interns will participate in many aspects of the technology commercialization process, with a focus on marketing and building the business case for the commercialization of technology. Working within the Office of Industry Engagement provides valuable business experience and exposure to some of Georgia Tech’s most exciting technologies.
The primary functions and responsibilities associated with the position include:
- Develop and design technology-focused promotional materials such as flyers, pamphlets, posters, publications, PowerPoints, etc.
- Write and edit content for marketing materials mentioned above
- Ensure marketing materials comply with Georgia Tech’s branding guidelines
- Work collaboratively with other students to ensure technology marketing materials are conveyed in a meaningful way to all audiences
- Assist with management of SalesForce database and work with team to further integrate its utilization
- Assist with social media efforts, including the posting and monitoring of content on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook
- Assist with preparation for events, trade shows, and on campus networking opportunities
- Assist with data entry, reporting efforts, and other projects as assigned by supervisor
As an intern, you will, among other things, gain or enhance existing familiarity with the field of technology transfer and intellectual property. Although this position focuses primarily on marketing, interns will have the opportunity to learn about all stages of commercialization, including technology evaluation, patent landscaping, customer discovery, and licensing. In addition, interns will have the opportunity to work with an array of marketing tools such as InDesign, Hootsuite, MailChimp, and SalesForce. Lastly, interns will gain greater understanding of strategic academic-industry partnerships and how they impact economic activity.