MERGE is looking for a digital marketing and SEO Intern seeking experience in email, content creation and search engine optimization (SEO) and who can work 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday. The position is located in Alpharetta and begins May 2018.
Successful candidates will have an interest in search engine optimization and marketing best practices, possess an analytical mindset (ability to collect data, sift through it and recognize patterns) and have a passion for digital marketing.
- Keyword research using a variety of tools
- Auditing webpages for optimization opportunities
- Optimize webpages for search
- Find creative ways to generate links to the website
- Identify and create relationships with influential bloggers and publishers
- Monitor blog and social media presence
- Suggest creative content ideas
- Become familiar with important industry topics and trends
- Track inbound marketing metrics, interpret data and draw actionable conclusions
- College junior, senior or recent college graduate with a degree in marketing or related degree.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Basic understanding of email and the Internet and experience implementing search engine optimization (SEO) strategies
- Well-rounded marketing technologist familiar with industry best practices (inbound/outbound marketing, demand generation, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel in particular), G Suite and current social media platforms
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Search Console, Tag Manager, AdWords/Bing Ads, Facebook Ads Manager and/or WordPress are a plus
- Creative motivated self-starter
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn