Group Sales Intern
If you’re looking for an immersive experience where you’ll learn the ins and outs of how a sales operation works, this is the internship for you! Group Sales interns will spend an entire week with other Georgia Aquarium departments experiencing our facility before they even begin interning with the Group Sales office. At Georgia Aquarium, we believe the only true way to tell others about Georgia Aquarium and what we have to offer is to fully experience it. After all, how do you sell something you know nothing about? Interns will experience a mix of attending shows, behind the scenes tours, educational programs, special events and animal interactive programs throughout their internship. Group Sales interns assist with and attend sales trade shows, go on customer sales calls and lead customer tours of the Aquarium. Interns also complete various research and data entry projects as well as act as the first point of contact for guest/client inquiries. We are looking for interns with high energy, amazing passion for customer service, great personalities and an insatiable appetite to learn. Only the best of the best for this internship! Upon completion of a satisfactory internship, interns are provided with a personalized letter of recommendation to future employers.
Schedule: 3-5 days per week
Minimum Required Hours per Week: 20
- Semester: Fall
- Application Deadline: July 15
- Semester Dates: Mid August – Mid December
- Semester: Spring
- Application Deadline: December 15
- Semester Dates: Mid January – Mid May
- Semester: Summer
- Application Deadline: May 15
- Semester Dates: June – Mid August
Additional Application Requirements:
- Major in business, marketing, hospitality or related field.
- Possess excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and merging documents.
- Must have reliable transportation to the Aquarium and off-site events.
- Resume required. Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
P.S. The hiring manager, Krista Rhineheimer is an LMC Grad!