The Office of Leadership Education and Development (LEAD) is seeking two creative and motivated on the ground social media reporters to support their growing social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, LinkedIn and Reddit. Social Media Reporters will work with LEAD staff to assist in developing and implementing an overall social media strategy and content calendar for LEAD programs and events. Additionally, Social Media Reporters are expected to attend various LEAD programs and events throughout the academic year.
- Assist with social media marketing techniques to increase visibility and traffic to LEAD website and social media platforms
- Assist in the implementation of a social media content strategy and calendar
- Generate content for posting to social media channels
- Create graphics to promote LEAD events across social media channels
- Schedule social media content across channels
- Experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage social media activities.
Successful candidates for this role will…
- Possess experience and active engagement with two or more digital media platforms (Facebook/Facebook Live, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, LinkedIn and Reddit)
- Knowledge of at least one product within the Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong written communication and proofreading skills
- Independent, self-starter with good problem-solving skills and self-management skills
- Ability to collaborate with a team
- Creative, innovative and resourceful
- Experience with video production is a plus
Time Commitment: 10-15 hours per week. Flexible scheduling Monday through Friday with some evening and weekend hour requirements based on event and program schedules
To apply, send an interest statement and resume to LEAD staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your Instagram and/or Twitter handle in your application materials. Feel free to include a portfolio of past graphic design, marketing, or social media work (optional).
Please feel free to reach out to Ms. Gangelhoff with any additional questions at email@example.com.
The new job opportunity is also posted here: Student Center Campus Jobs Board.