Are you interested in social media and communications? Then this is the job for you! This position supports the Director of Communications. It is responsible for maintaining social media sites, as well as researching and writing stories assigned by the Director of Communications.
This position will interact primarily with College of Sciences faculty and students. The position reports to the Director of Communications and will interact with the Communications Officer.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
· Research, write, and revise stories assigned by the Director of Communications.
· Monitor Daily Digest and Georgia Tech News Buzz for items relevant to the College of Sciences.
· Publish to the College of Sciences website – news, external news, events – through Mercury.
· Research, develop, compose, and schedule the posting of content for College of Sciences’ Twitter feed and Facebook page ensuring at least one posting per weekday.
· Cover events as assigned, including conducting interviews and taking photographs.
· Create publicity materials for events and announcements.
· Edit and archive images.
EDUCATION, SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Georgia Tech undergraduate preferably majoring in Communications with experience in popular science writing and engaging in social media. Experience in graphic design is a plus.
Specialized skills required for this job:
· Creating content and maintaining regular posts for Twitter feed and Facebook page
· Gathering information for original stories through research and interviews
· Organizing information into stories
· Writing that reflects familiarity with grammar, usage, and style
· Basic skills in photography and PowerPoint
· Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign is a plus
WAGE: $11.00 per hour
HOURS: 15-20 hours a week
START DATE: As soon as possible after January 1, 2018
Send cover letter, resume, writing samples, and if available, graphic design samples to:
A. Maureen Rouhi, firstname.lastname@example.org