IRTS SUMMER FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
June 5 – August 6, 2016
NEW YORK CITY
Travel, housing, internship & living allowance included!
APPLICATIONS DUE: SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 1 (midnight EST)
The deadline for the 2016 IRTS Summer Fellowship Program is approaching. Eligible students have the chance to participate in an exciting media industry internship in New York City that includes travel, accommodations and an allowance!
Students selected for this highly competitive program learn about opportunities throughout the media industry, in addition to interning at a specific company where skills are matched to a corresponding area of our business. Accomplished students from all majors (including *math, liberal arts, computer science, business, marketing, communications*, etc.) are encouraged to apply.
The IRTS Summer Fellowship Program has had a key role in launching the careers of top professionals in the media business for more than 40 years.
Those selected for the Fellowship receive:
* Round trip travel to and from NYC. (air, train, or driving mileage reimbursement)
* Housing at a downtown Manhattan university dormitory in a shared suite setting.
* A living allowance to defray cost of food and personal expenses.
* A full-time internship at a top New York media company that aligns with a student’s interests and career goals.
* Weekly events including panel discussions, company visits and speakers.
* The IRTS Foundation also provides extensive career counseling and networking opportunities to ensure that each student makes the most of this New York experience!
*ADDITIONAL PROGRAM DETAILS*
The Summer Fellowship Program is the cornerstone program of the IRTS Foundation. Often referred to as a “media boot camp,” this highly selective program teaches a talented group of up-and-coming communicators the realities of the business world through an all-expense-paid internship in New York City, which includes practical experience and career-planning advice.
The IRTS Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, which brings together the wisdom and power of today‘s leaders to train and educate the next generation of media and communication professionals through its many educational programs and diversity initiatives. IRTS programs ensure that our business reaches its highest potential in this exciting digital age.