Calling all CM and LMC students! Simile, a next generation creative software company, is looking for interns to work with their new product DepthKit. DepthKit is an accessible toolkit for volumetric video production that enables video creators of all kinds to easily capture live-action performances in true 3D, fusing the craft of filmmaking with the interactivity and immersion of video game design. For more information check out their website here!
Simile is a software company working on developing an end-to-end software suite to empower the next generation of content creators. Our offices are located in a vibrant arts scene in Bushwick, Brooklyn. Our philosophy requires that we stay very close to creative production to understand what artists value and how people use our tools. We’re committed to building a diverse, inclusive and healthy workplace and expect our employees to share that same commitment.
Experience a fast paced internship at a venture-backed startup shaping the future of immersive media storytelling. You’ll be helping shape the tooling and ideas around immersive media creation with volumetric video as the focal point. Enjoy being fully immersed in the world of VR/AR/XR production and helping create the software that empowers the creators in this field. You’ll be creating original demonstrations of DepthKit’s capabilities as well as creating educational material for our growing community of users.
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Part-time or Full Time: Negotiable
Compensation: Stipend + class credit if applicable
Start Date: Flexible
- Create original interactive demos and examples that show off DepthKit’s capabilities (Mixed Reality videos, Unity projects, Three.js embeds, etc.)
- Create original tutorial material that leverages industry standard software in combination with DepthKit (Unreal, Unity, Houdini, Cinema4D, etc.)
- Be the first to get DepthKit up and running with new (and unreleased!) depth sensing hardware and emerging XR APIs like ARKit and ARCore
- Test and QA cutting edge DepthKit releases before they are distributed to users
- Help take advantage of our onsite DepthKit production studio by fielding production requests
- Support and collaborate with the DepthKit community through answering technical requests, writing blog posts, etc.
- Currently enrolled in an interdisciplinary media or computer science Bachelors or Masters degree program
- Interest and/or expertise in developing creative tools
- Experience with Unity or Unreal game engines
- Self-directed with strong communication skills and a collaborative attitude
- Desire to work in an early stage startup environment
- Deep understanding of production cameras/equipment
- Familiarity with video formats, codecs, streaming and image compression
- Understanding of computer vision and image processing algorithms
- Experience in media, film, visual effects, video game industries
Please apply for this position by sending an email with a resume/CV, cover letter, and portfolio and/or code samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “DepthKit Intern Application – Your Name.”