“Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty, and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us”
Your day to day
Perform a variety of duties for managers and/or department of an assigned business unit. Coordinate special projects for the assigned department to support business operations. Serve as a resource for the assigned department or unit, answering questions and providing general program information or follow up as needed. Maintain departmental paperwork, files, logs and reports, and assist in creating or researching pertinent information for the manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete and/or coordinate activities related to assigned special projects; assist in establishing project timetables, action steps and status updates; follow-up, as appropriate, to ensure timely execution to meet established deadlines.
- Research and compile a variety of moderately complex data to include creating spreadsheets or databases for maintaining and reporting management information; may require some analysis of data.
- Prepare a variety of departmental reports and/or presentations, gathering and summarizing information from various sources as requested; may create and format reports and presentation materials utilizing various spreadsheet graphics, and/or statistical software as needed.
- Monitor and report variances to departmental budgets or track departmental spend information to help maintain operating controls.
- Answer inquiries related to daily activities/programs of work area, and act as a liaison between assigned work area and internal or external contacts to convey appropriate information. Respond to and/or resolve internal/external inquiries regarding problems or complaints as needed. Maintain a consistent, high quality customer-focused orientation, including providing clear, accurate information; explaining procedures or materials or providing supplemental information; anticipating problems or questions; or referring customers to appropriate contacts within the unit, department or division.
- Compose and prepare clear and concise correspondence as requested or required. Review documents, logs, reports or other work products for typographical accuracy and format.
- Perform administrative support duties as assigned to facilitate the smooth operation of the assigned work area. Prepare reports, charts, presentation data, or logs as required and according to established specifications.
What we need from you
Undergraduate or graduate student who is obtaining or has obtained a degree from a credited school.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated strong PC skills including proficiency in a variety of software packages (i.e. Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, e-mail, etc.).
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills for the purpose of conveying information to internal and external customers, or providing information via written reports or correspondence.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze basic database information for the purpose of accurately tracking or maintaining data and reporting trends or inconsistencies.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments and projects accurately and with attention to detail. Demonstrated follow-through and ability to complete multiple ongoing projects on time and within specified budget.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail in order to maintain accuracy of reporting data.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills for the purpose of maintaining the daily flow of office work, answering questions, and resolving issues.
- Demonstrated math skills for the purpose of checking figures for accuracy.
Read more and apply here.