Miami City Ballet seeks a highly-qualified Associate Director of Public Relations to join the Marketing team to elevate, and promote the brand, generate phenomenal publicity for performances and events, and ensure proactive communications with all international, national, regional and local press outlets (English, Spanish, Portuguese-language television, radio, print and web).
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the principal media representative for the Company and School to manage all media inquiries and interview request
- Create and pitch ideas for articles, photo-ops and segments in support of the institutional press strategy
- Develop and implement media relations strategy and plan, seeking high level placements in print, broadcast and online media with goal to elevate the brand awareness in the marketplace:
- Work closely with Marketing to reach attendance and revenue goals for ticketed programs;
- Work with other departments (Development, MCB School, Outreach) to strategize and execute communications plans in support of Outreach and School efforts
- Nurture strong industry network: Leverage all existing media relationships and cultivate new key media relationships, from local to international levels
- Write and traffic media alerts for all Company and School performances, functions and announcements
- Coordinate and mediate press engagements at Company and School performances and functions
- Coach and prep senior staff, dancers and other personnel for media appearances and interviews
- Direct social media team to engage audiences across traditional and new media
- Work in close connection with Marketing to direct the content for digital communications, internal publications, program books and other collateral
- Contribute to message planning and editorial calendar management with Marketing Department
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness
- Proven working experience in public relations required
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at the local and national level
- Solid relationships with local and national and industry media outlets
- Comfortable and skills in acting as the organization spokes person
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Solid experience in social media
- A driven, creative individual with a superb track record in national and regional media.
- A gifted writer and communicator with a flair for compelling stories that command attention
- A big-picture thinker that lavishes attention on the smallest details
- A deft negotiator with major writers, editors and producers during the pitch, engagement and fact-checking process
- A savvy media strategist that understands non-profit and philanthropic enterprises, working seamlessly with volunteers, board members and strategic partners
- A passionate, curious individual with knowledge of Ballet and the arts
- An energetic, self-starter; works independently, and is able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Goal oriented and team player
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, communications, marketing or related field
Email a resume, cover letter and press samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.